Couch to 5k is as an accessible way of becoming physically active while social distancing measures remain in place.
One You Couch to 5K is a programme that’s easy to follow and perfect for those who are new to running and need some extra support and motivation along the way. It is known for encouraging even complete beginners to become more active. It makes the challenge easy and fun starting with running for a just a minute at a time. The programme sets realistic expectations and makes the challenge feel achievable from the start.
The app features a choice of 5 great trainers to support and motivate you at every step of the way, telling you when to run and when to walk. Between broadcaster and former Olympian Michael Johnson, comedians Sarah Millicanand Sanjeev Kohli, BBC presenter Jo Whiley, and podcaster Laura, they’ve now helped over 3 million people like you start their own running journeys.
One You Couch to 5K features:
• A flexible programme that can be completed in as little as 9 weeks
• Easy to follow countdown timer so you can see and hear how long you’ve got left of each run
• Works alongside your preferred music player, automatically ‘dipping’ the volumes so you can hear the instructions and motivations from your chosen trainer
• Signals a half-time bell, so you know when to head home
• Lets you track your progress and awards achievements as you move through the runs
• Lets you rate how you feel before and after each session to help acknowledge the immediate benefits of doing some physical activity